Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blogs of Interest

I have seen some great blogs recently. Here is a small sample:
Before you explore keep in mind:

1. It is very easy to get information overload or over consumption, so go slow.
2. If overconsumption occurs, you can put yourself on an information diet and set some limits. I know I have put off a lot of responsibilities to read just a little longer....
2. You may shed some tears, I definitely did (mostly of happiness and inspiration, but you never know)
3. Expect to get some very PrAACtical ideas. Set a goal to try out a few things at a time and keep track of the strategies that were helpful. I
am sure we would love to hear them at the next Language Links group meeting, or see them in the comment section of this blog.
4. You may get inspired to want to be a guest blogger on the Language Links blog or even more inspired and want to write a blog of your
own. If you do, Jamie and I would be happy to help you get started. It's free and easy.

Blog about girls on the autism spectrum. Has information about girls of ALL ages.

Blog from a mom with a son with autism. I love her most recent post about a holiday party. I love that the holiday party included ALL ages
Running to be Still: A Holiday Party for the Rest of Us


A collection of professional blogs from Spectronics Inclusive Learning Strategies. Amazingly great PrAACtical AAC information with focus on including everyone. Has a ton of iPad/iTouch resources. 
http://www.spectronicsinoz.com/blog/


Blog from the Speech Techie- Sean Sweeny.  This blog provides great information on technology and teaching speech and language.  It goes beyond mobile apps and focuses on integration of technology into IEP goals and language learning. Speech Techie, as he likes being known as, spoke at a NSU speech conference recently and was just amazing. He will be coming back for UM-NSU CARD's Issues in Autism conference in April (April 21, 2012 to be exact but the final details are still underway).
http://www.speechtechie.com

Blogs from Autism Hangout. This is a list from Autism Hangout readers. They are very interesting, but I really wanted to let you know about the website Autism Hangout which has really wonderful resources for ALL ages.
http://www.autismhangout.com/myhangout/blog_list.asp


Okay, I said just a few... but I want to also tell you about a new blog I have started with Dr. Zangari. It is all about PrAACtical AAC ideas.  We are trying to focus on visual communication and language learning with of course some Random Apps of kindness. Check it out.  www.prAACticalAAC.org  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment